Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Grille Cloth for Model 19's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bnachman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2007
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    while I am sure this topic has been brought up by many others in the past, I need to find some new grille cloth for my model 19's.

    Would prefer BLACK. I look on the GPA site but did not find it listed there.

    Anyone have a source?

    Thanks,

    Barry

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Try PARTS Express
    Part # 260-335 $ 6.90 / yd
    Black 70" wide and sold by the yard.
    They sent me samples, to checkout.
    Don

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don, did you compare the actual weave to the original? I have seen many samples that weren't close enough for me. I did work on some Peavey monitors that had the exact same cloth weave, so it should still be available, somewhere.

    Richard C.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have never tried to exactly match the original cloth but have had good results with the standard cloth from PE as mentioned above.

    There is a company out of brooklyn, NY
    ACOUSTONEGRILLECLOTH.COM .
    They sent me a very nice sample folder with small clips of each fabric attached. Not sure if they will have the exact cloth but they really do have some gorgeous designer fabrics at designer prices to make any speaker look great.

    If you find what you want there and have to buy a minimum of 5 lineal yards I would gladly split the cost. I think the B 100 streatch is very close and is 66" wide and 5 lineal yard minimum order.
    They do have some very pretty grille cloths!

    Gary

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Richard C
    I was looking for a modern look to be close to my rear ch'l enclosures. So the fact that it was not the same was OK. get samples.
    Don

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need to find out what that Peavey cloth costs, before I go too much further. I like an open weave which shows the nice aluminum driver frames. My model 14 931 Mantaray horns even have a "chrome" band that show thru the black grills!

    Richard C.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    FWIW, I used expanded double knit from the local Cloth World/whatever. Cheap and in enough colors to match most anything. 421 'chrome domes', etc., shined right through. forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.